Purpose of the role
The Carbon Data Analyst Role is the subject matter expert for carbon data, emission calculations and carbon accounting principles for the BlueHalo platform.
They are responsible for researching and tracking changes to the core emission calculation standards that we currently use, as well raising awareness of additional standards that would unlock our product strategy.
As a Carbon Measurement & Reporting SME they are the primary resource for understanding, defining and providing approval for core non-negotiable feature requirements associated with Carbon Accounting Functionality of the BlueHalo platform.
As the Carbon Measurement & Reporting SME they are also responsible for defining the carbon measurement methodology and formulas for new Carbon APIs.
Main duties and responsibilities
Carbon Measurement Ownership
- Research and stay informed of new carbon emission calculation standards that are evolving.
- Develop a framework and process for ingesting carbon emission calculation standards into a structured format for productionising into APIs and calculation engines.
- Develop the initial MVP models and data sets for new calculation methodologies.
Cross Functional Product Implementation
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering and Sales to bring new BlueHalo Features and APIs to market.
- In partnership with Product Management contribute to prioritisation of new calculation APIs or carbon accounting features.
Carbon Action SME
- Map the ecosystem for emerging carbon action technologies and methodologies that may replace, compliment or enhance carbon offsetting as a solution for clients to achieve their climate goals.
- Collaborate with wider TEM Wholesale & TEM Climate Positive Teams to prioritise MVP experiments in Climate Action Technologies which benefit the BlueHalo Platform.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required. This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.